| Dosage for Siberian Ginseng and Astragalus |
Answered by: Susan Eagles
Question from: Rich
Posted on: May 8, 2000
What is the standard dosage for Siberian Ginseng, and Astragulus?
Dosages for herbs depend on the product purchased. Often the strength of the preparations is not noted on the packaging, and you have to spend on the manufacturer’s suggested dosage.
The standard dosage of Siberian Ginseng (Eleutherococcus senticosus) is:
* Tea: one quarter teaspoon powdered root to one cup boiling water, one to three times daily
* Tablets or capsules: 150 mg three times daily
* Tincture: 2 ml, three times daily
Ginseng should be taken for a period of 4 to 6 weeks, followed by a 2 week break.
The standard dosage of Astragalus membranaceous:
* Tea: 2 teaspoons of the dried root, simmered in one cup of boiling water for 20 minutes. One half cup three times daily
* Tincture: 45 to 60 drops daily