| Making Herbal Remedies |
Answered by: Conrad Richter
Question from: No Name Given
Posted on: March 3, 2002
How do you make herbal remedies?
This is a very broad question. Herbal remedies come in many forms, such as teas, creams, poultices, medicated oils, pills, etc. There are several books that provide an excellent introduction to how to make these preparations from herbs you grow in your garden or from purchased dried herbs. Some good choices are:
1. "Healing with Herbs" by Jessica Houdret;
2. "The Herbal Medicine Cabinet: Preparing Natural Remedies at Home" by Debra St. Clare;
3. "The Herbal Medicine-Maker’s Handbook, A Home Manual" by James Green;
4. "Herbal Remedies, Dozens of Safe Effective Treatments to Grow and Make" by Kathleen Fisher;
5. "Herbal Remedy Gardens: 39 Plans for Your Health and Well-being" by Dorie Byers.
All of these books are available from Richters. Go to the Online Catalogue at http://www.richters.com for the full descriptions of these and other herb books.